Monday, September 14, 2009

Today's Outreach

A conviction of God's sovereignty in salvation is a tremendous incentive to evangelize. An understanding that it is the power of God alone that draws sinners to Himself (John 6:44) and not the ability of man, neither the sinner's will nor the evangelsit's ability, is motivation to share the gospel as we rest in God's purpose to make alive and open the hearts. Today, I had the opportunity to give away Vietnamese Bibles at a couple of businesses owned by Vietnamese people. I came away thinking that I did not get very far in our discussion of Christ, but assured that the Bibles I left them may be effectual to their conversion if God inclines their hearts to open and read.So today I pray:

"God, I ask of you to open the hearts and give a saving interest of Christ and your word to the Vietnamese people I talked to today. May the Bibles that are on their desks be opened and read and prove mighty in convicting their hearts of sin and revealing Jesus Christ to their minds and hearts. I know your Spirit can prove to be irresistable. May your will be done in Christ. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment